Special spatula for stretch ceilings
Spatula for stretch ceilings.
Installing a stretch ceiling is not easy, and conventional tools will not work. But, if you decide to install it yourself, you will need a special spatula.
The spatula for stretch ceilings in any of its versions has a handle and a metal tip. The shape of the handle and its material may be different. The tip in its configuration also has a variety of forms for performing all kinds of work. The thickness of the working part of the ceiling trowel exceeds the size of the construction option and ranges from 0.6 to 1 mm.
In addition, the tip of the spatula is made of high strength stainless steel. These features do not allow the spatula to bend, which is a necessary characteristic of it. In the process of work, the spatula is experiencing a tremendous load from the blade pressing on it.
The following types of tools can be distinguished:
– With a straight nozzle. This view is exactly the same construction fellow small.
– Curved, straight shape. They perform the main part of the operation of filling the ceiling material in a baguette.
Curved spatulas are:
-Big with a spatula, bent at an angle of 45 degrees. This model of a spatula is the most popular and is suitable for any installation work with a fabric cloth, as well as with a material from polyvinyl chloride.
-Small with a spatula, bent at an angle of 45 degrees. They have the same shape, but differ in smaller size of the working surface and holder, which simplifies work in hard-to-reach areas.
– Curved, triangular shape. Classified according to the same principle as direct. They can vary in width, angle and length of the handle. This type of ceiling trowel is not aimed at the main process of ceiling stretching, but at its alignment in hard-to-reach areas of the baguette.
– The bent goose trowel. Its geometric shape has a double bend, due to which it got its name – the goose. This model is designed for filling material from polyvinyl chloride using harpoon stretching method, and the shape of the baguette profile may be different.
Angular shape. This type of trowel is designed for fixing the ceiling leaf at the four corners of the room.
– Semicircular shape. This model has a thin edge of the working part, which is more convenient when installing fabric cloths.
Handle material has considerable value.
The wooden handle is better held in the hand because it does not slip. Plastic products are lighter and cheaper. If you prefer a wooden handle, which is more often preferred by professionals, then carefully clean its surface from burrs, because any sharp defects in the handle can cause a stretch coating to puncture.